General Policies of the Trenton Public Library
Reviewed and revised:
June 1, 2016
- Library hours will be from 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Wednesdays, from 2:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Thursdays and from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Saturdays.
- The library will be closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and
all other days when the village businesses are closed.
- All citizens of the Trenton trade area may use the library. All borrowers must be current signers of the annual library user log.
The library is free of charge to all current signers of the log.
- All materials may be checked out for a two week period and renewed for one additional two week period. The librarian may impose
limits on renewal of new material to ensure efficient circulation.
- A fine of 5 cents per day per item is the fee for overdue materials. Fees for damaged materials are determined by the librarian.
Lost materials are charged replacement value.
- Every consideration will be given to disabled patrons.
- Use of the library’s computers and WiFi connection are free to current signers of the user log. Students under the age of 10
require either parental consent or attendance.
- Copying services are available at 15 cents per page, computer printing is also 15 cents per page of text and 25 cents for
color printint. Receiving of faxes is 15 cents per page and fax transmissions to local or toll free numbers is 25 cents per page.
- Copying VHS to DVD services are available at $1.00 per tape, blank DVD's are available for $1.00
and first time users must recieve a staff overseen orientation on using the equipment.
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias must remain in the library at all times.
- Patrons may have service denied or revoked if they refuse or fail to adhere to these policies.
Unruly patrons may be banned from the library for a period determined by the severity of the disturbance.
Copyright© 2010 - 2017